Biogen Idec is running a registry for researchers to advance their knowledge of early Alzheimers Disease. If you’re having memory problems or are worried you’re at risk of early Alzheimer’s, you can play an important role in improving our understanding of the disease. You will have the opportunity to learn about and take part in local studies looking at new treatment options. You will also receive some reimbursement for your time.
More about the registry:
- There will be 14000 participants in this registry
- This registry will take place over two years requiring no visits or overnight stays
- This registry is taking place nationwide and you can complete it from the comfort of you own home.
If you are interested, the full study details and eligibility criteria are listedhere.
- be between 50 – 85 years old
- be willing to answer questionnaires periodically over a 2 year block of time
- be concerned that you are at risk for developing early Alzheimers have difficulty with memory or thinking skills
Participants must not:
- already be diagnosed with Alzheimers Disease
- have had events of stroke, epilepsy, or Parkinson’s Disease
ADDITIONAL INFO ON THE REGISTRY
If you agree to participate in the registry, you will be asked to complete an online questionnaire to assess how you understand, remember, and communicate information. This questionnaire will be repeated every 3 – 6 months. You will also be asked to take a brief 10 – 15 telephone call, which will be repeated every 6 months. The registry team may use your answers to see if you may qualify for another clinical research study. If you are interested in participating, we will ask for your permission to send your contact details to the study center. After you speak with someone at the study center, you can decide whether or not you want to participate in the study.